Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Create Balance - Integrative Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy and Athletic Performance
An athlete’s physical training places repetitive stress on the musculoskeletal and myofascial elements of the body.
Therapeutic massage focuses on these body elements. Massage techniques that create structural changes in muscle tension and connective tissue flexibility are best because these changes can directly affect an athlete’s ability to train, perform and recover from injury.
A growing number of college athletic trainers and sports medicine practitioners believe that massage can give an athlete that extra edge when participating in high-performance sports.
The physiological and psychological benefits of regular massage make it an ideal complement to athletic training.
Here are just a few examples of how massage therapy can help you improve your power and performance:
- Reduces muscle cramps, spasms & adhesions.
- Enhanced collagen remodeling during the healing cycle.
- Relief of myofascial trigger points & neuromuscular tender points.
- Increases range of motion (ROM) & muscle flexibility.
- Decreases chance of injury through deep tissue massage.
- Helps facilitate the rebuilding phase of conditioning.
- Shortens recovery time between workouts.
- Enhances the elimination of metabolic by-products of exercise.
- Re-aligns your body for optimal health and vitality.
- The increase recovery rate from specific sports-related injuries.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system to help flush toxins & support the immune system.
- Maximizes the supply of nutrients and oxygen through increased blood flow.
- Improves mental focus and sleep patterns.